Wireless Communication Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Communication Problems

Any one having problems with wireless communication between their classmate and robot? Our robot runs perfectly while tethered, but sporadically when connected through wifi.

I set my DLink according to the 2011 instructions. I don't know what's going on.

Anyone with a functioning wireless robot like to share their wireless settings with us? (i.e. Ip address, subnet mask, default gateway).

I'll take any advice I can get right now.

Re: Wireless Communication Problems

We have been having a problem like this, if not this same problem and we have yet to find anything out. It seems that when we are running specific things on the robot, all of the sudden it becomes disabled. We thought it was the wireless adapter also, but we used the ones from last year and the same thing happened. We noticed that there was still wireless connection to the robot, but it would randomly disable.

Just putting my input in.

Comment

Our wireless communication has improved dramatically after updating our Labview with update 3.2.

The updated page also listed updates for utilities and driver station. I'm not sure if the utilities update and driver station update was new or the same one we originally updated at the start of the build season.

Any how, our wireless control works a lot better now.

Comment

Do you think you can help me set up and programe in my wireless router on are robot? :/ Please I'm new to this hole labview thing and am still learning. But I have the basics down. And the robot is programmed with the tank drive already and I set up the router settings but I don't know what else you have to do after that for the wireless router to work. xP I'd really rather programme in Python but my team well half wants to do Java and the other C++ So we ended up doing labview. xD But I was the only one who could figure it and learn it so far. I plan on teaching them how to use it later tho cuss I still have to programme in a ultrasound, gyros,accelerometers,a second camra, a 3rd joystick, limit switches, 5 other motors, programme the buttons, etc.....xP

Comment

The instructions for setting up the D-Link radio are in the Getting Started with the 2012 Control System document.
          FIRST®
          FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

Working...
          X