Timed Coed in Teleop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timed Coed in Teleop

I am trying to operate several solenoids in teleop, triggered from a button on the control, but I need for them to be delayed to work correctly. Can anyone offer incite into how to accomplish this? When I place the loop in teleop it continues to reset and run because it is in the loop in the Main VI. Do I need to place something outside the main loop vi to stop the code from looping? Thank you in advance for any advice.

Thomas Earley
    Team 1287

Re: Timed Coed in Teleop

A few ways to do this would be to put a wait in teleop, to only execute it in some of the frames or possibly to do it in the periodic tasks vi
    CORE 2062
    6 Safety Awards and Counting

Comment

Re: Timed Coed in Teleop

Originally posted by Mr. Roboto Beefy Head View Post
      A few ways to do this would be to put a wait in teleop, to only execute it in some of the frames or possibly to do it in the periodic tasks vi
      Putting a wait in telop is a bad idea. It will delay all of your controls in telop. If it's long enough, it can even interrupt communication with the driver station.

You can either put the sequence of events in periodic tasks. Or you can write your sequence as a state machine in telop. frcmastery.com has a video tutorial on state machines.
      Team 330 beta tester

Comment

Working...
      X