Programming solenoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programming solenoid

I'm trying to program the solenoid so when I press a button, the bimba extends. Then when I press the same button again it returns. So far all of my attempts to have it return have failed. If anyone knows how to do this could they tell me? I tried all day trying to fix this.

Re: Programming solenoid

Have you tried calling Dave?
    Potts (3290)

Comment

How is that a helpful response? My friend Dave doesn't know anything about robots. Does your friend Dave? What is his number?

I see in other forums discussion about an example code for programming solenoid, yet nobody seems to be able to link to it. Please provide a link to examples.

Thanks,
      Last edited by jcuprocks; 02-17-2011, 05:45 PM. Reason: silly question

Comment

I will try to post a response tonight after I get to the school with a sample picture and a .vi.

But in the robot pallet for the WPI lib, there is an actuator group, and in there should be an open solenoid, and a set solenoid. You need to open the solenoid with a reference in begin.vi. Then in teleop, get the reference (like the joystick), pass that to the setSolenoid.vi block with the input of a button from your joystick (boolean true / false).

Hopefully that can get you started.

Randy
        Head Mentor
        FIRST Team 4106
        Bots of Prey
        http://www.botsofprey.org
        Canyon County 4-H, Idaho

Comment

Here are the solenoid examples and screen shots. Note the solenoid vis are on the actuator pallet.

Let me know if you have questions.

Randy
          Attached Files
          Head Mentor
          FIRST Team 4106
          Bots of Prey
          http://www.botsofprey.org
          Canyon County 4-H, Idaho

Comment

Working...
          X