Labview motor control issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labview motor control issue

We tried running the template file and that came with the FRC LabView update and it didn't do anything to the motors.

The lights on the Jaguars are blinking, and i'm not sure if the begin.vi initialized the joysticks correctly.

The Jaguars connected to the PWM ports are the black Jaguars. I don't know if it makes a difference between the brown and black.

I've attatched our Labview code so that anyone can give suggestions.

We also haven't set up the axis camera, is this necessary?
    Attached Files

Re: Labview motor control issue

If the Jags are blinking after starting your program then there is an issue.

On the drivers station did you enable the robot?

What is the blinking light on the digital side car doing?

Randy
    Head Mentor
    FIRST Team 4106
    Bots of Prey
    http://www.botsofprey.org
    Canyon County 4-H, Idaho

Comment

in the driver's station it says that we don't have robot code so we've been trying to launch it from a different windows 7 account on the FRC netbook.

I don't know what the digital side car is.

Comment

If the driver station is indicating you do not have robot code that is why you will not get any motor control.

The digital side card is the blue box connected via the large cable to the cRio. If you are using PWM control to the Jags, then the black/red/white wires connect to his blue box.

Time to back up a couple of steps to figure out what is going wrong.

First, can you ping the robot? On the computer acting as the drivers station, open a command window and ping the robot.

ping 10.xx.yy.2

xx.yy being the two parts of the team number. We are team 1891 so would do the following.

ping 10.18.91.2

If you get a response, that is the first step.

Also validate your driver station has the right IP address
        ipconfig
        should show 10.xx.yy.5 as the driver station address.

Have you applied all the updates to both you development labview instance and the drivers station?

Next, what do you see happen when you hit the "play" button in labview to start RobotMain? Does it stay black indicating it is running, or does it blink on and off again quickly?

We have had occasion where the wireless is not working on the robot side. Our programmers know the first thing to try is to ping the robot to see if it responds before they start trying to change things in the code.

Thanks!

Randy
        Head Mentor
        FIRST Team 4106
        Bots of Prey
        Canyon County 4-H, Idaho

Comment

We applied the update to labview that was released within the last couple of days.

I won't be at our robot for another 2-3 hours and I haven't had a chance to try pinging it, but today and yesterday we had LabView open in the non-driverStation user account on the net-book and when we hit the run button in the "robot Main.vi" it said that it was loading the program into the cRio(temporarily I suspect because) and the free space counted down from about 26000kb to about 20000kb and the the stop button in the "robot Main.vi" front panel turned red and the run button remained black until I hit the stop button on the labview front panel.

I think that our driver station ip is 10.4.37.6 at the moment and we have our cRio ip set to 10.4.37.02 right now.

we are using a tethered connection currently by plugging an Ethernet cable directly to the net-book which goes directly to the cRio's #1 Ethernet slot.

we do have the black/red/white wired connected to the digital side card and the side card connected to the cRio. PWM2 is connected to our left motor Jaguar controller, and PWM1 connected to the right motor Jaguar controller.

Comment

the lights on the digital side car are-
            Batn
            5Vn
            6Vn
            light next to the RSL-thing:blinking

I think we might be haveing input trouble with our joystick.

I tried running the VI that I attatched and it showed no change in joystick input, but there is a chance that my code isn't correct.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by StuartTaylor; 02-08-2011, 08:21 PM. Reason: removing the smiles

Comment

I will get labview installed here at home and take a look a little later today.

Randy
              Head Mentor
              FIRST Team 4106
              Bots of Prey
              Canyon County 4-H, Idaho

Comment

I am sorry I was not able to check this last night. I will take a look tonight when I have a laptop at the school up with labview on it.

Thanks!
                Head Mentor
                FIRST Team 4106
                Bots of Prey
                Canyon County 4-H, Idaho

Comment

Earlier today I got two of the motors to turn by using an indicator instead of a joystick for the input value. My programming partner said that he got the joystick to work for the x-axis after I left the robot.

I think we will be able to handle the rest between the both of us.

Thank you so much for your help.

Comment

Excellent! What did you find that was not setup correctly?

Randy
                    Head Mentor
                    FIRST Team 4106
                    Bots of Prey
                    Canyon County 4-H, Idaho

Comment

Working...
                    X