No motor control set_speed.vi??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No motor control set_speed.vi??

i need the motor control set_speed.vi to control the speed of one of my motors. It's supposed to be located (when you right click) in:

WPI Robotics Library>RobotDrive>Advanced>MotorControl

but it's not. I did a search for it in labview but it didn't exist. There is a set_speed.vi for the jaguar though, but when i connect it's CAN Jaguar Ref Out (output of jaguar speed control) to RobotDriveDefRef (Reference input of motor close vi) it says the CAN Jaguar Ref Out contains a cluster of 4 elements and the RobotDriveDefRef contains a cluster of 4 elements. I'm not really sure what that means (rookie team here and first time i've used labview) so if you could help me that would be awesome.

Re: No motor control set_speed.vi??

Set speed was a misnomer previously, and has been renamed set output. It sounds like the tutorial you are following has not been updated for the 2011 code.
    Team 330 beta tester

Comment

Ok I'll try that, thanks! The tutorial I was using was on from the NI website so I'd think they would have them up to date but apparently not.

Comment

When I wire the outputs of the Set Output vi to the Motor Close vi it still gives me the error about the number of cluster elements. Another error from the outdated tutorial?

Comment

yeah dont follow those tutorials they are terrible because they haven't been updated in forever. our 1st year as a team 3 years ago was very frustrating as we tried ffollowing the tutorial only to be led down the wrong path no matter what

Comment

where can I find a good tutorial b/c im using lab view this year for the first time b/c my windriver wont install

Comment

Originally posted by jerronimo3000 View Post
              Ok I'll try that, thanks! The tutorial I was using was on from the NI website so I'd think they would have them up to date but apparently not.
              Please provide a link to the tutorial you are reading that is not up to date so that we can attempt to address it.

Thanks,
              -Joe

Comment

I went to go look for the tutorial but it said it had been updated on January 9, 2011. All the vi's were in labview and there weren't any errors (at least labview didn't think so) when i made the whole program. I haven't been able to test it on my robot yet, but it looks like it's up to date now.

@emctigue go to the nation instruments website (ni.com) and search for "frc community" there's a whole bunch of tutorials just make sure they're for 2011 (or possibly late 2010, haven't checked those)

Comment

Working...
                X