What's wrong with this relay code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with this relay code?

This is our teleop program, I don't completely understand labview but from what I do understand this should work. Could anyone tell me what I need to change/add to make the relay turn on while I hold button 8, and off when I let go? We really appreciate the help!

P.S. We opened the relay in begin.vi, closed it in finish.vi, set it to the correct relay slot for the sidecar, and set it to forward only.
    Last edited by Tzaddik; 01-28-2011, 03:30 PM.

Re: What's wrong with this relay code?

Take a look at how you wired the valve to the relay. When you use ON you get 12V on both terminals, and you get GND on both terminals for OFF. Most likely this won't work. If you wire it right, you can use FORWARD and REVERSE to fire the piston and then retract it back. These set the relay outputs to 12V (M+) and GND (M-) for FORWARD and GND (M+) and 12V (M-) for REVERSE. Essentially, you need to route both grounds back to the PD Board (black ground slot), and run the red wires from the valve to the each side of the relay. Cation: If you do it this way, make sure you never set the relay to ON in the software so you don't activate both sides of the relay. This would be an ambiguous signal and might damage the valve.
    Last edited by tacamp; 01-30-2011, 12:39 AM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Also note that your code won't compile until you add a third access to your holonomic drive vi.
      Team 330 beta tester

Comment

Hey thanks for the replies! Turns out though that you need to re-image your crio with the 2011 image before your code will work. After we did that though, everything worked fine.

Comment

Working...
        X