Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Way to Program using Robot C++ or LabView?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Way to Program using Robot C++ or LabView?

Hy i am new to pragraming i know how to write basik Code for Robot C but 1 of our 2 mentors moved and he was the one that help't us with programing, can anyone recomend a good an easy tutorial video or a good programer to be on stand by in case of any questions
    Thank You
    Last edited by ricky40121; 01-09-2011, 04:10 PM.

Re: Quick Way to Program using Robot C++ or LabView?

Once you've installed Labview, check out the Tutorials and the examples.

Comment

Originally posted by jmittelman View Post
      Once you've installed Labview, check out the Tutorials and the examples.
      Besides the disk is there another link on the web to get the labView program

Comment

For Labview, the first set of tutorials to run through are to help you get familiar with using the LabVIEW programming environment. The tutorials are available online at the National Instruments web site. The main entry point is to the tutorials is: http://www.ni.com/academic/labview_training/

The training under the "Self_Paced Learning" section is the best place to start and then those in the "Student Resources for Learning LabVIEW" section.

Once those tutorials are complete, you should feel comfortable with the LabVIEW programming environment.

Next would be to step through the FRC specific tutorials available on the web site. They are available at http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-8923. Part A references part of the previous training I suggested. When going through these tutorials, I assume you may have a lot of questions about how this relates to the robot. You can always post questions to the forum to help you through it.

So the steps to learning FRC programming:
        1. Learn the LabVIEW programming environment.
        2. Learn how LabVIEW is used within FRC and how the FRC framework is designed.
        3. Learn a process on how to develop software.

Comment

if you create a robot game project then you will get a basic code that will allow you to drive and then set an autonomous program as well. play around with it thats my best advice, this is our 3rd year and we still dont know enough to do what we want to in all honesty

Comment

Working...
          X