Autonomous VI and robot Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autonomous VI and robot Project

We're rookies so pardon a me if this is a dumb question. I found out there is a basic autonomous VI as part of our Labview. If we want to use this code, can we just cut and paste it into the existing project in the front, reload the CRio, and will it work? If not, what is the process? I don't think the CRio is smart enough to have two programs on it at one time. Do we just run the autonomous and then open/run the teleoperated or what? I'm getting quite confused.

Thanks!

Steve Miller
    Coach #3355

Re: Autonomous VI and robot Project

so no one else is having this problem or are we too dense to know to do? Any help would definitely be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

This code will run when 'autonomous enabled' is selected on DS as long as you select 'independent' in the match info in BEGIN

Comment

Is this on the line diagram view of the program or is this on the DS view when we get ready to run-on the machine?

Comment

Are you trying to modify the Autonomous Independent VI to include code from another autonomous routine that you found? Or are you trying to copy code from the Autonomous Independent and place it in another VI in your project?

The project comments hopefully give some indication of what should be edited and what the elements are responsible for.

The short version is, you shouldn't need to modify Robot Main diagram except perhaps to hook up a few globals to indicators. Modify Begin to configure HW I/O differently or add/remove I/O. Modify Finish to match in the cleanup step. Modify Teleop to respond to joystick and other driver inputs. Modify Autonomous Independent to affect the code that will run at the beginning of the match.

To test the robot in a match-like situation, you can use the Practice mode of the DS. Toggle to Practice and Enable -- be ready to disable or hit the stop button if the autonomous misbehaves. In fact it is wise to do this on blocks until you trust it.

Greg McKaskle

Comment

Working...
          X