urgent: Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent: Help

since we made the update, we can't fide the mode robot mode.vi .
    It used to be how we knew to tell the robot what state it is in (auto/teleop), and thus know where to go with our code, but know we can't find this mode anymore and dont know what to do...

please, help is urgently needed, as we are coming close to our regional.

Thanks.
    Liron (Leonid) Gurvitz.
    Technion, Israel Aerospace Engineering class of 2011.
    Israeli FTA - 2008,2009.
    Mentor of FRC2669
    Previous captain and mentor of FRC1947.

Re: urgent: Help

What version of LabVIEW did you have before the upgrade? Can you verify the version you have now (go to help->about first robotics competition software).

Which framework are you using (basic or advanced)? Can you post a screenshot of your code?

Have you read the "Robotics Programming Guide" chapters 4 & 5 that was included with the latest version of LabVIEW?

If I had to guess, I'd say that either you were using the version of LabVIEW straight from the CD before (had never installed any updates) or you are not using either of the frameworks and trying to start from scratch.
    Last edited by jross; 03-03-2009, 12:59 PM.
    Team 330 beta tester

Comment

We were using the CD version...
      As of the framework, i'm not sure what we are using as i'm not a part of the programming team - i will find out soon.
      We might very well be working from Skretch... And we might still be working this way.

Is there a new RoboMode VI anywhere, or do we have to program each of our codes into a seperate VI, like we did with MPLab in previous tears (autonomous.c, teleop.c).
      How exactly is it done now?
      Also - while waiting for response i will go over the mentioned documents and look for what i need...

Thanks!
      Last edited by LironGurvitz; 03-03-2009, 02:23 PM.
      Liron (Leonid) Gurvitz.
      Technion, Israel Aerospace Engineering class of 2011.
      Israeli FTA - 2008,2009.
      Mentor of FRC2669
      Previous captain and mentor of FRC1947.

Comment

It sounds like you need to follow those documents to create a new project from the wizard. This way you have an up to date framework. I would be very surprised if a framework generated from the CD version will run on a field today.

Comment

Working...
        X