Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WatchDog Timer: Delay and Feed VI

WatchDog Timer: Delay and Feed VI

When the Delay and Feed VI is activated are all the solenoid, PWM and relay outputs frozen in the state they where in before the activation until the Delay and Feed VI execution is completed?
    TNX for the help.

Re: WatchDog Timer: Delay and Feed VI

Delay and feed is the same as a delay, except that your watchdog won't expire while you wait. The outputs are not frozen, but if you aren't updating them because you are delaying, then they will stay the same.

Remember that you need to create a dependency between the delay and feed VI and any VIs that change actuator outputs. The error cluster is a convenient way to do this.

Comment

TNX for the info.

I am sorry that my question was not clearer. Here's an attempt to clarify:

I was referring to other parallel tasks that are outputting IE updating PWM, relay, or solenoid outputs when a delay and feed was active in another loop. I interpret your answer that tasks will update their PWM, relay, or solenoid outputs when a delay and feed is active in another loop.

TNX agn for your expert help.

Comment

Your interpretation is correct. Parallel tasks will continue to affect the outputs: Delay and Feed doesn't lock anything down.

Comment

Working...
        X