What's different in Update 3.0a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's different in Update 3.0a

If I hadn't noticed the "a" in today's update, I wouldn't have checked again for a LV update.
    Two things, why isn't there a post somewhere that a new version is available/required and second what's different in 0a? The readme files appear to be the same.
    Make that three questions.
    Do we need to reimage the cRIO? It appears to be the same version, according to the update.
    Last edited by Rwood359; 01-30-2009, 07:32 PM. Reason: Additional question

Re: What's different in Update 3.0a

The only difference between update 3 and update 3a is that someone forgot to include the updated cRIO imaging tool (which fixed a bug when reimaging on Vista, I believe) in update 3. The updated imaging tool was included 12 hrs later and reposted as 3a.

3a is what 3 was supposed to be.

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

Not a problem. I thought the readme would have changed to explain, but I guess not. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

So if we updated to 3.0 and aren't using Vista, we should be good, right?

Comment

Originally posted by jmittelman View Post
            So if we updated to 3.0 and aren't using Vista, we should be good, right?
            <R56> specifies that you must use 3.0a.
            Team 330 beta tester

Comment

As Joe Ross pointed out, you should update to the latest release.

That said, the 3.0a update can be viewed as low priority if you're at 3.0. The bug fix in the 3.0a imaging tool effects both XP and Vista users, but only appears in one corner case.

The situation where you can get a failure with the 3.0 imaging tool is if you re-image your controller with "Always run deployed code at startup" enabled, and then later try to re-image that cRIO a second time. The second re-image will have a race condition which can cause the process to fail.

Comment

THAT explains the difficulty I had when I re-imaged after the 3.0 update! Thanks for the explanation.

Comment

Working...
                X