Digital inputs all show ON regardless of what I do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital inputs all show ON regardless of what I do

I have done two different things since I last noticed that the DIO doesn't show the correct status.

1. I installed LabVIEW Update #3
    This caused me to have to post a question about Gyro vi's.
    That problem is resolved.

2. I was testing a ultrasonic device and during that testing I inserted the PWM cables incorrectly into the DIO board. I may have damaged the sensor so I stopped there.

Now, I was going to continue with previous work when I noticed that the DIO sensors all showed ON.

They worked before yesterday.

I tried the "simple digital input" example and it confirms that all of the DIO are showing ON whether anything is attached or not. The attached switches worked a couple of days ago.

Have I damaged the DIO board?

Re: Digital inputs all show ON regardless of what I do

Try swapping out the switches, the digital sidecar, the cable to the 9403, and the 9403 (each independently) and see if you can find which piece is not working.

Comment

I almost had a stroke after installing the LabView update#3. Things that were working stopped working correctly especially the motors and the simple gyro example VI. I got the situation turned around by updating the image for the cRIO. What finally tipped me off was putting a probe on the watch dog timer observing the error msg. I think for update#3 it is imperative to not only update LabView but to also update the FPGA in the cRIO. Maybe one of the LabView experts can elaborate. I think it would helpful to have a detailed set of instructions as to how to install and verify each update.
      Hope this helps move the stone up the hill.

Comment

You absolutely need to update to v11 of the FPGA. I don't have the readme in front of me, but it should say this pretty plainly.

Greg McKaskle

Comment

Hi all -
          Was this ever resolved? We've recently started seeing the same problem - all DI's show ON continuously, even with nothing physically connected to them. It seems to have started after applying the most recent LabView 3.0a update and/or the 2009-01-22 DS firmware update - the DI's were last working prior to applying these updates.

We've tried:
          - re-flashing the cRIO with the v11 image
          - attaching to the 9403 module in slot 6 instead of slot 4
          - using another team's spare digital sidecar

I'm thinking our next step is to try using a different laptop and/or running the LabView "repair install" in case the libraries have gotten corrupted somehow. Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,
          Ron
          Team 2607 Software Mentor

Comment

The digital IO lines on the Digital Sidecar all have 10kOhm pull-ups to 5V. With nothing connected, they should always read logic high.

Russ

Comment

Working...
            X