Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Can Multiple Programmers Work on Same Project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can Multiple Programmers Work on Same Project?

Hello All,

We've been asked this question several times, usually by people with broken VIs, and lost code.

So, I posted some of my thoughts and recommendations, and a video from a session done in Oakville Ontario this past week.

Find the video here: http://www.lvmastery.com/TipJar2009-01-27

In this blog entry, I discuss how multiple programmers can work together on the same project:
    • Communicate!
    • Split the tasks: dont all work on the same portion of the code
    • Take advantage of separate SubVIs and Typedefs
    • Make sure your files are where you think they are: files tab in project screen
    • How to split up the Robot Typedef into separate sub-typedefs
    • How to replace and "resynchronize" your project after changes are made
    • Backup code by zipping the entire project directory

Regards,
    Ben
    -- LVMastery.com Team

Re: How Can Multiple Programmers Work on Same Project?

This teaser was finally enticing enough for me to decide to take a look at the Tip Jar videos, but now I can't find how to actually see them. I suspect it'll be forehead-slappingly obvious once someone points it out to me, but where's the link to the video?

I resorted to viewing the html source of the page and looking for links, to no avail. I found no references to .wmv, .mov, .m4v, .avi, or even .flv or .swf anywhere in it.

(I have followed the suggestion on the page to "install the latest version of flash". I already had the latest version of Adobe Flash Player on my Mac, but I went ahead and downloaded it again in case there was a problem. I still don't see anywhere to download the video.)

Comment

Do you have javascript enabled?
      Team 330 beta tester

Comment

Alan,

Sorry you are having trouble viewing. It is a flash-based mp4 video, which should work as long as you have v9 or higher of flash installed.

But, as jross suggested, it does require js to access the site. Did that fix it?

If not, it would be very helpful to know if this one worked: http://www.lvmastery.com/tipjar2008-12-03 because it doesn't have any camcorder video in it and is a straight swf flash file.

If that doesn't do it, I'll post the videos up on youtube. Please let me know.

Comment

Working...
        X