Driver station and joystick buttons??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver station and joystick buttons??

If anyone can help that would be great. Ok so I hook up the ethernet from the driverstation to the laptop, run the code from labview, the only problem is that I don't know how to save it on to the driverstation(everytime I unplug the laptop it says "Battery: No Code" on the driver station).
    Also programming the buttons. I don't know how to make it run a motor when I push the buttons.

I would appreciate it if you could help

Re: Driver station and joystick buttons??

Originally posted by toma_myname View Post
    If anyone can help that would be great. Ok so I hook up the ethernet from the driverstation to the laptop, run the code from labview, the only problem is that I don't know how to save it on to the driverstation(everytime I unplug the laptop it says "Battery: No Code" on the driver station).
    Also programming the buttons. I don't know how to make it run a motor when I push the buttons.

I would appreciate it if you could help
    It sounds like the following is happening: you are using the laptop to deploy code into RAM on the cRIO (by clicking the run arrow on the VI). Since this is a live session with the cRIO, when the network connection with the laptop is lost, the application shuts down. To keep the application running after you disconnect the laptop, you need to deploy the application the the cRIO's flash drive by using a build specification. It will then start running when your reboot the controller.

The driver station does not save any code for the cRIO, it just reports when your code has stopped running.

Comment

umm how do you build it on the cRio?

Comment

You need to create a build spec. Please read Tutorial #5 in the FRC Programming Guide.

Comment

ok thanks a lot....
          what about the buttons... i get how to put up the buttons but can you use the buttons besides 1,2,3(throttle)?
          like can you assign more buttons?
          and if you can what number does it go to?

Comment

Up to 6 axes and up to 12 buttons.

Comment

toma_myname how did you do the programming for the buttons
              did you create a new vi and then what did you do?
              we're on the same stage as you guys

Comment

Working...
              X