Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Build Problems - No FRC Boot-up Deployment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build Problems - No FRC Boot-up Deployment?

Hello,

I am a new programmer for our team and there is no one else with any experience in LabVIEW. I have run across a few problems when trying to figure out how to download our programs to the cRIO so that it will run without the computer.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've looked through the FRC_Programming_Guide and it explains how to do this:

In the Project Explorer window, right-click Build Specifications
    under the RT CompactRIO Target and select New┬╗Real-Time
    Application from the shortcut menu to display the Real-Time
    Application Properties dialog box.
    I have went into our project however when I right click Build Specifications nothing comes up under new except Source Distribution.

I also took a look within the Build Specifications directory and there is a yellow sign with an exclamation point indicating an error, I clicked explain error and it says that:

The plug-in for the selected item is not installed on your system.
    Any idea on how I can fix this? I installed LabVIEW with the disks that came with the release just before kick-off, and have the 2.0 update installed aswell.

Re: Build Problems - No FRC Boot-up Deployment?

Are you also getting a 1327 error when you try to configure a new project?
    I encountered both problems, and resolved them by unsinstalling all of Labview and reinstalling Labview followed by Update #2 and did not install update #1.
    Hopefully someone else has a less drastic fix, but you could do this as a last resort.

Comment

Also, I just remembered that there was an error when creating the project in the first place. It says the following:
      Error 1327 occurred at mxLvErrorHandler.vi:1
      Possible reason(s):
      LabVIEW: The specified NIIM is invalid for the current project.
      Any idea what that is?

Comment

Yes that is exactly the same error I am getting. Although, I would rather a way to fix it without reinstalling LabVIEW.

Comment

Your symptoms make it sound like the RT module is not installed.

Did you have any version of LabVIEW installed before installing the kit version? Did you make sure you installed everything on the DVD? What OS are you using? What do the screens look like in the NI License Manager? See if this thread on the NI FIRST community helps: http://decibel.ni.com/content/message/3059#3059
          Team 330 beta tester

Comment

I had the FTC version of LabVIEW installed before this and am running Windows XP. I was pretty sure I installed everything on the CD, however what I think I am going to do is un-install and re-install LabVIEW later tonight, hopefully that will fix the problem. It's the proper version and is licensed, although maybe the FTC version prevented this one from installing properly. The only part I'm missing is that part, I haven't found any other problems.

Comment

I have seen this problem each time I have applied an update. The problem seems to be in the licensing. After the update, the FRC components are no longer marked as activated. When the correct components are not activated the options under build specifications are not available. I have been able to resolve it by:

1) Close LabView

2) Open the NI License Manager application (on the national instrument menu)

3) Click the Activate button in the tool bar

4) click next

5) click next to automatically activate

6) reenter serial number if it is not already entered, click next

7) uncheck registration check box, click next

8) click next

9) click finish

10) Restart labview

Comment

Alright, we did a clean re-installation of LabVIEW and it fixed the problem we were having. We are now able to download a program, saving it to the robot instead of using the computer and storing it in the cRIO's RAM.

However, we have now encountered a new problem. There is an occasional lock up in the CIM motors running from the jaguars. It doesn't happen as often when you move the joysticks very slowly. This is with the default code generated from the FRC project. We did not have this problem before re-installing LabVIEW.

Comment

Does the status light on the Jaguar do anything when the CIM locks up?
                  Such as, blink red?

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Groom View Post
                    There is an occasional lock up in the CIM motors running from the jaguars. It doesn't happen as often when you move the joysticks very slowly.
                    Do the status lights on the Jaguars do anything unusual when the CIM locks up?
                    For instance, blink red?
                    Team 358, Robotic Eagles
                    SBPLI Council

Comment

Yes, the jaguars do blink red. Sorry for the late reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Groom View Post
                        Yes, the jaguars do blink red. Sorry for the late reply.
                        I believe that means a fault condition such as over current, over temperature, or most common, under voltage. Is your battery charged?

Comment

Under voltage could very of well been the problem as we were using old batteries on our test bot, I'll try putting a fresh one in next time we are in.

Comment

Working...
                          X