• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mdlueck
    replied
    Re: OpenMesh OM5P-AN Subnet Mask Setting

Greetings Kevin,

Originally posted by Kevin O'Connor View Post
    The Utility does have a step where it verifies that the configuration has been programmed successfully, but it's great that you're poking around and trying to understand how things are set up.!
    Thank you for affirming curiosity.

Nearly 30 years ago now, assembling my first Personal Computer from raw components, I distinctly recall the personal fascination with the fact that:

sys c:

was the command used to install the DOS boot sector, and that there were "hidden files" transferred to the hard disk drive by that command which were critical to insuring bootability of the system from the hard disk drive. That first memory of PC's was the beginning of my Software Distribution and Configuration Management competencies.

I am thankful,

Leave a comment:

• Kevin O'Connor
    replied

You're welcome!

The Radio Configuration Utility programs the radio via the UCI interface in OpenWRT over an SSH connection, I'm not sure how the DHCP setting will appear in the web dashboard (it is programmed as a dhcp_option parameter passed into dnsmasq).

The Utility does have a step where it verifies that the configuration has been programmed successfully, but it's great that you're poking around and trying to understand how things are set up.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Leave a comment:

• mdlueck
    replied

Greetings Kevin,

Originally posted by Kevin O'Connor View Post
    Is there a particular problem you are having that you are looking to solve?
    Just trying to insure and validate all i's are dotted / all t's are crossed.

I will check the router settings again, as I do not recall seeing different subnet mask settings between the DHCP server and LAN interface.

I am thankful,

Leave a comment:

• Kevin O'Connor
    replied

The subnet mask that is served is by the DHCP server is 255.255.255.0, the subnet mask that is set on the interface is 255.255.255.128. Is there a particular problem you are having that you are looking to solve?

For competition you will be programming your radio with the event version of the tool at your event. I do anticipate releasing a 16.3 version soon that will update the broadcast address served by DHCP to resolve an issue with NetConsole and RioLog working over wireless.

Leave a comment:

• mdlueck
    started a topic OpenMesh OM5P-AN Subnet Mask Setting

OpenMesh OM5P-AN Subnet Mask Setting

We programmed our OpenMesh OM5P-AN with FRC_Radio_Configuration_16_2.exe

Upon inspecting the router's configuration via the web interface I find that the Subnet Mask values set to 255.255.255.128

However the documentation here:
    https://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s...anual-id=13503

states that:

DHCP server enabled. Serves out 10.TE.AM.11 - 10.TE.AM.111 on the wired side, 10.TE.AM.130 - 10.TE.AM.230 on the wireless side, subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, broadcast address 10.TE.AM.255 (not in kickoff version, will be in next update)
    Which is the correct subnet mask value we should be using?

Also there is mention of "next update"... so is the v16.2 the final competition version of the configuration program, or is there yet further updates coming before the competitions begin?

I am thankful,
Working...
X