Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rolling forward LabView 2015 program to use for the 2016 competition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mdlueck
    replied
    Re: Rolling forward LabView 2015 program to use for the 2016 competition?

Greetings Kevin,

Thank you for pointing out why not using the blank template is not allowed. I will communicate that point to the other mentor.

I am thankful,

Leave a comment:

• Kevin O'Connor
    replied
    Re: Rolling forward LabView 2015 program to use for the 2016 competition?

Hi Michael, what you are suggesting ("We are thinking to program the 2016 build season's robot with our 2015 season working robot code.") is a violation of R14 unless your code was posted publicly prior to kickoff.

I don't have a complete list of changes made in the LabVIEW version of WPILib, but the FRC LabVIEW code makes very little use of "variable names" so I am a bit curious what this refers to.

The template code inside Teleop.vi is provided as a reference only, you could delete all of that code and replace it with your own (provided your code returns quickly) and it should function normally (this is in contrast to Robot Main which it is not recommended to edit unless you fully understand how it works).

Leave a comment:

• Rolling forward LabView 2015 program to use for the 2016 competition?

Greetings,

We are thinking to program the 2016 build season's robot with our 2015 season working robot code.

Is there anything we need to be aware of that FIRST intentionally changed in the default robot template code for this year we need to be sure to update our 2015 code to be compatible with the 2016 field configuration?

Our other programming mentor noticed some changes in variable names between the 2015 robot code and the 2016 template. He thought it odd that FIRST would specifically change names and otherwise not seem to have made changes.

I noticed that the Teleop.vi in the 2016 template looks nothing like the same vi in last year's robot code. While other vi's are at least similar enough to be recognizable as once being the same.

I am thankful,
Working...
X