FRC2014 problem deploying with UDP write

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRC2014 problem deploying with UDP write

Our students are trying to use an AndyMark AM-2645 (link) LED lighting kit. They've programmed the Arduino to accept commands over UDP.

Normally we have no problems with the robot. As soon as we add "UDP Write" to the robot project, build succeeds but deploy fails with an error that the cRIO closed the socket. It's during deploy; their code never actually runs. We've isolated it to adding this one VI. I didn't get a screenshot today, but will soon.

Couple questions:
    1. Can anybody else reproduce this error? Is it a bug in the 2014 software?
    2. Our interpretation is that R58 (link) restricts the dashboard to certain ports and types of communication -- we must use the cRIO to talk to the lighting controller, and cannot workaround by moving this feature to the dashboard. Are we right?
    Last edited by joeyoravec; 03-22-2014, 09:56 PM.

Re: FRC2014 problem deploying with UDP write

Hi Joey,

I see your issue is being addressed by Greg McKaskle over on ChiefDelphi. As one of the NI Developers who works on the FRC software, he is better positioned to answer your questions than I am.
    FIRST®
    FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

Re: FRC2014 problem deploying with UDP write

Originally posted by joeyoravec View Post
      1. Our interpretation is that R58 (link) restricts the dashboard to certain ports and types of communication -- we must use the cRIO to talk to the lighting controller, and cannot workaround by moving this feature to the dashboard. Are we right?
      While my answer is not official, I do not believe that R58 restricts communicating from the dashboard to the lighting controller in general, just that it limits what ports can be used. R54, R50, and R51 in combination show the things that must be controlled by the cRIO, and lights are not one of them.
      Team 330 beta tester

Comment

Working...
      X