Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i save my Program to more than one computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i save my Program to more than one computer?

Is there anyway that i can save a LabVIEW program onto a USB/FlashDrive if the program is on one of our laptops, so that i can transfer it to another laptop but still keep it on the original laptop is was written on?

Re: Can i save my Program to more than one computer?

Absolutely. Probably the best way to make sure that you are capturing all of the files that your project needs is to open the project and select "File"->"Save As" then choose "Duplicate .lvproj file and contents" and make sure the first bubble to "Include all dependencies" is selected. This will make sure that all of your VIs get copied over, even if some are not located in the project folder.

If you are absolutely sure that all of your VIs are in the project folder you should be able to just copy over the folder itself.
    FIRST®
    FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

You can also create a build specification for a zip file. http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/h...uild_zip_file/
      Team 330 beta tester

Comment

Originally posted by Wildbot3844 View Post
        Is there anyway that i can save a LabVIEW program onto a USB/FlashDrive if the program is on one of our laptops, so that i can transfer it to another laptop but still keep it on the original laptop is was written on?
        I'm not sure about FRC, but for FLL, we just save our programs to google drive(which is free if you have a gmail account). That automatically backs up the files and pushes it down to any other computers that are connected.

Comment

Working...
        X