Sending signals to the Driver Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending signals to the Driver Station

We are using LabView to program our robot and, even though we are bagging and tagging tonight, the programmer's job is never done.

Our rookie team never could figure out how to properly wire our arm motor to a limit switch so that the switch, when tripped, reversed the motor correctly. No big deal. Now, we'd like to simply wire the limit switch so that when it's tripped a signal is sent to the driver station (and perhaps even to a physical light on the robot) a means to tell the driver to STOP lowering the arm.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Brian
    Team 4016

Re: Sending signals to the Driver Station

I have previously posted an example addressing how to stop a motor from moving in one direction while a switch is pressed, is that what you are looking for?
    FIRST®
    FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin O'Connor View Post
      I have previously posted an example addressing how to stop a motor from moving in one direction while a switch is pressed, is that what you are looking for?
      Eureka! That's not what I was asking about in this particular post but it's actually what we were trying to do initially. I still like the idea of sending a signal to the Dashboard to indicate it's been pressed but your logic would make that obsolete.

We'll try this out as soon as we get the second robot built.

Thanks,

Brian
      Team 4016

Comment

For the dashboard question see Tutorials 6 and 7 built into LabVIEW. To access the Tutorials click Tutorials from the left side of the LabVIEW splash screen, then click on the desired tutorial and it should open in a browser.
        FIRST®
        FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

Working...
        X