Deployed default code to the cRIO without error
    Have comms green indication on DS
    Have Robot Code green indication on DS
    Battery voltage reads OK on DS
    Get video from camera on the DS
    Kinect image is visible on the DS
    All power indicator LEDs on DSC ON

Here's what does not work:
    RSL light and little LED on DSC from power on are never ON.
    When DS ENABLE activated nothing changes on the cRIO
    DS indicates ENABLED
    JAGs blink continuously. RSL/LED is dark. Bot not enabled.

This situation is the same for the old cRIO and our new 4 slot cRIO FRC II using new HW including the DSC.

What gives? We have never had this problem in previous years. Must be missing something obvious like the DSC or? Beats the beans out of me.

... jon

Re: No RSL action

On the Kit of Parts website, see the instructions for fixing the DB37 cable.
    Team 330 beta tester

Comment

jross:

TNX for the comeback.

We did fix the the DB37 that came with this year's KOP. I did not do it personally so there may be a problem with that cable. We have plenty of cables from previous years to substitute. This setup uses the new cRIO FRC II.

We are also using last year's electronics assembly without any modification. In fact it was working back on 15DEC11 without any problems. We never had any problems with it since it was assembled. The only changes to this unit was to re-image, which was successful.

Strange that both sets exhibit the same behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by jboette View Post
        We are also using last year's electronics assembly without any modification. In fact it was working back on 15DEC11 without any problems. We never had any problems with it since it was assembled. The only changes to this unit was to re-image, which was successful.
        This year's image requires you to move your modules to different slots. Your Digital Module should move from slot 4 to slot 2. For the full set of slot assignments see the table on page 12 of the Getting Started with the 2012 Control System document.
        FIRST®
        FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

Kevin:

Tnx for the info.

Ach Du Lieber! Want a dope. If only I could read!

Plugging the modules into the correct slots makes all the difference. Who would have thought the module locations would have changed this year after 3 years with no changes? I guess FIRST is just trying to keep veterans on their toes.

TNX agn for the help. ... jon

Comment

Originally posted by jboette View Post
            Plugging the modules into the correct slots makes all the difference. Who would have thought the module locations would have changed this year after 3 years with no changes? I guess FIRST is just trying to keep veterans on their toes.

TNX agn for the help. ... jon
            Glad you got up and running.

In addition to keeping veterans on their toes, the change in the module ordering was done due to the introduction of the 4-slot cRIO FRCII. This new module ordering and the new way of referencing the modules from code allows for the maximum possible symmetry between controllers.
            FIRST®
            FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

Working...
            X