Getting data from DS to cRio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting data from DS to cRio

There is a tutorial at the NI site which shows how you can do the image processing on the Classmate. I then want to send the Targeting Info cluster back to the cRio. Can someone explain how to do that? I know in Java, you can write this info into the Network Table, but how do we do it in Labview?

Re: Getting data from DS to cRio

John,

Are you looking to do image processing on the Classmate in LabVIEW and send the data to a robot that is running Java code?

If that is the case, unfortunately there is not an implementation of NetworkTables available for LabVIEW at this time.

The two main options for doing this would be to implement NetworkTables in LabVIEW either completely, or partially, or use a UDP connection between the DS and robot.

The "UDP Sender" and "UDP Reciever" examples in the Networking section of the LabVIEW example finder should help you on the LabVIEW side. On the Java side, see javax.microedition.io.DatagramConnection and javax.microedition.io.UDPDatagramConnection
    FIRST®
    FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

Are the ports available for driver station to cRio communication documented? Last year, a team update added them to the arena section, but I haven't seen anything this year.
      Team 330 beta tester

Comment

Joe,

The unblocked ports available this year are the same as last year with the addition of TCP 1735 for the SmartDashboard. Today's Team Update contains the complete details regarding available ports for communication across the field WiFi network.
        FIRST®
        FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

Working...
        X