Panel Signal Device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panel Signal Device?

Our Signal Light did not come with any way for us to wire it to our robot. Is there a way for us to get a new one? I tried searching on the Rockwell Automation website but I couldn't seem to find it. Can anyone help?
    Thanks,
    Kealakehe Robotics

Re: Panel Signal Device?

If you are thinking you are missing a cable, you probably are not. In most cases we use the Solenoid cable as the base to connect to our light. It has the 2 wire (red and white) with a 2 pin female header at each end. This will fit the header on the digital side car where it is to plug in. We cut one of the headers off and then wire to the light. There is a jumper to add as well. Look in the wiring guide, I believe it is covered there.

Randy
    Head Mentor
    FIRST Team 4106
    Bots of Prey
    http://www.botsofprey.org
    Canyon County 4-H, Idaho

Comment

Thank you for your reply. We have the cable we need to connect it to the robot, but I think we are missing the jumper that connects to the light. Did it come already attached? Or was it in one of the other bags?
      Thanks,
      Kealakehe Robotics

Comment

There was no jumper included in the kit; any piece of wire will work fine. When you're cutting one end off of one of the solenoid cable, just cut off another small piece and use that for the jumper.

Comment

remember to strip the wires-if you dont the light wont work. We made that mistake. Ha.

Comment

http://forums.usfirst.org/showthread.php?t=18677

See my most recent post in this thread; it explains everything about the RSL wiring. You could use the header mate we discuss or the method we ended up using.

Please search before you post

Comment

Working...
            X