DAP-1522 "Emergency Web Server"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAP-1522 "Emergency Web Server"

After resetting our DAP-1522, upon log-in to the device we began seeing the dreaded "Emergency Web Server" page. We tried updating the firmware, and we are now unable to access the router under any circumstances. All configuration has been done using cat5 cable, no wireless. Has anyone else run into this, and if so, how were you able to work through it?

Re: DAP-1522 "Emergency Web Server"

Please see the "How to Fix Radio Emergency Web Server" instructions and zip files located on the Kit of Parts website under the Control System section.

http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprogr....aspx?id=18530
    Ryan Foley

FRC Software Engineer

Comment

Ryan, it sounds like he had that problem while running the emergency recovery instructions.

1732, you might try forcing the unit back into emergency webserver mode by holding the reset while powering on the radio.
      Team 330 beta tester

Comment

Oddly enough, we were able to log in just fine when we powered it up today. Perhaps we weren't allowing enough time for it to power down and completely reset after reloading the firmware. For a while I thought we might have 'bricked' it. Thanks Ryan and JRoss for the helpful suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by jross View Post
          Ryan, it sounds like he had that problem while running the emergency recovery instructions.

1732, you might try forcing the unit back into emergency webserver mode by holding the reset while powering on the radio.
          Whoops, you're right. Misread the question the first time, thanks for the catch.

1732 I'm glad you got it working.
          Ryan Foley

FRC Software Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Foley View Post
            Please see the "How to Fix Radio Emergency Web Server" instructions and zip files located on the Kit of Parts website under the Control System section.

http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprogr....aspx?id=18530
            Repeatedly tried these instructions with no joy.
            After selecting the firmware file and clicking upload it instantly claims to be successful, makes me wait 90 seconds and when I restart it fails.

I can only get to Emergency Web Server and nothing else.

Is my DAP 1522 RevB a brick?
            Steve Deal - Mentor
            FIRST Team 578
            FairportFirst.com

Comment

Hi devodl,

This thread is from 2011 and the firmware in the linked download is for a RevA. Were you trying to load that firmware or one of the RevB firmwares available from D-Link?
              FIRST®
              FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin O'Connor View Post
                Hi devodl,

This thread is from 2011 and the firmware in the linked download is for a RevA. Were you trying to load that firmware or one of the RevB firmwares available from D-Link?
                I have tried loading both types (Dlink and FRC) of firmware. No joy.
                Our backup DAP-1522 RevB router remains comatose and we can only get to the "Emergency Web Server".

Before anyone asks. yes, I tried to upload firmware using IE since Dlink didn't see fit to use a webserver that works with Chrome or Firefox.

Linksys/Cisco routers are so much easier to configure.
                Steve Deal - Mentor
                FIRST Team 578
                FairportFirst.com

Comment

Originally posted by devodl View Post
                  I have tried loading both types (Dlink and FRC) of firmware. No joy.
                  Our backup DAP-1522 RevB router remains comatose and we can only get to the "Emergency Web Server".
                  Which firmware are you referring to when you say "FRC firmware"?

When you power up the radio, what do the lights on the front of the unit do?
                  Ryan Foley

FRC Software Engineer

Comment

Working...
                  X