• Show
Clear All

• AustinShalit
    replied
    Awesome! Keep us in the loop.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Steller
    replied
    We think we found at the cause. The laptop firewall was treating the limited network as a public network and was blocking the communications to the driver station. When we turned off the firewall communications were established and the robot code stopped restarting itself. I will confirm this on this year's roborio tonight up at the school and will update this post if anything else is learned.

Leave a comment:

• AustinShalit
    replied
    That is interesting. Can you please post a copy of your entire robot code project as a zip file and I will take a look?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Steller
    replied
    • -1381.131: ********** Robot program starting **********
    This is what I am seeing on the VS roborio log.

Leave a comment:

• AustinShalit
    replied
    Are you able to post the output in the Driver Station console to the forum? I'd like to try and gather additional information about what might be happening. It seems like the robot code is crashing.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Steller
    started a topic no robot code after Java deploy

no robot code after Java deploy

We are having a problem deploying code to this years roborio.

We had sucess in converting last years machine to the 2020 Java VS code and deploying it to that machine. We upgraded the roborio image and have had no problems.

For this years machine we upgraded a new roborio's firmware and deployed the same 2020 v10 image we used above. Our program builds and deploys with no errors but the driver's station show no communications or robot code. The roborio window in VS shows the program constantly restarting.

I have the same error on another roborio on a test board. ln this case I converted a previous years program. Again it builds and deploys but the same problem occurs. Likewise if I create a new program using the old command structure template and just build and deploy it the same thing happens. A third example is a new program that uses the REV color sensor sample program does the same thing. On this program and on the converted one that is failing on the test board the SmartDashboard shows values from the sensors from SmartDashboard commands withing the disabled periodic task even while the VS log shows constant restarts and the DS shows no communications or code.

I am looking for some guidance on how to trace down what is happening and proceed.
Working...
X