Local stores for Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local stores for Hardware

Hi everybody! I'm having a rough time finding c-channel bars for our framing. We've been recycling old parts, but it's time to get new ones. Our team specifically needs the slotted c-channel rods. I've found non-slotted aluminum bars at Home Depot and Graingers, but not the slotted ones. Can anyone suggest where to find them? I'm getting a little nervous because I haven't been able to locate a local shop to purchase them. Thanks!

Re: Local stores for Hardware

If you post your location someone may be able to suggest a local metal supplier who may be more likely to carry what you are looking for as a stock item. Alternately, there are online vendors that can likely have what you are looking for shipped to you in 2 days or so.
    FIRST®
    FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

Sorry, I'm in NE Washington, DC.

Originally posted by Kevin O'Connor View Post
      If you post your location someone may be able to suggest a local metal supplier who may be more likely to carry what you are looking for as a stock item. Alternately, there are online vendors that can likely have what you are looking for shipped to you in 2 days or so.

Comment

If someone from that area stumbles across this they may be able to provide you with better recommendations but a little searching came up with at least 2 that may be possibilities:
        http://www.infra-metals.com/locations/
        http://www.bmgmetals.com/index.php

Also as mentioned, if you know what you want you can order from any of the online metal suppliers or from a general supplier like McMaster-Carr, MSC, Fastenal, Grainger, etc and have them ship it to you.
        FIRST®
        FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

Working...
        X