• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin O'Connor
    replied
    Re: cRIO hangs at reboot during imaging

Originally posted by Team956 View Post
    Yahoo, thank you Kevin! My network adapter was dual-homed. I have successfully reimaged my cRIO!
    Jeff
    Glad the problem got solved. Sorry that neither the Safe Mode nor dual homed adapter issues were on the Imaging troubleshooting list to start with! They are there now so hopefully that will help things go a little smoother for other teams that run into issues.

Leave a comment:

• jross
    replied

Originally posted by Team956 View Post
    I haven't yet had a chance to look into the latest suggestion, perhaps this evening, but I've been wondering...are there teams that have successfully re-imaged their cRIOs with the new 2014 software and image?
    Thanks.
    Jeff
    I successfully imaged a cRIO this evening. It hung on the rebooting step initially, but not after I disabled all network adapters except the one connected to the robot.

Leave a comment:

• Team956
    replied

Yahoo, thank you Kevin! My network adapter was dual-homed. I have successfully reimaged my cRIO!
    Jeff

Leave a comment:

• Team956
    replied

Thanks, that's good to hear.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin O'Connor
    replied

The Kickoff version of the imaging tool is identical to the Beta Test version which a number of teams successfully used to image their cRIOs. We have also imaged a number of cRIO's here at FIRST with it. Just yesterday we re-imaged a half dozen cRIOs with the Kickoff release which were a mix of 4 and 8-slot versions.

Leave a comment:

• Team956
    replied

I haven't yet had a chance to look into the latest suggestion, perhaps this evening, but I've been wondering...are there teams that have successfully re-imaged their cRIOs with the new 2014 software and image?
    Thanks.
    Jeff

Leave a comment:

• Team956
    replied

Thanks, Kevin, I'll give it a shot.
    Jeff

Leave a comment:

• Kevin O'Connor
    replied

Hi Jeff,

The only change to the Imaging tool since last year was to rebuild it using LabVIEW 2013. I just double-checked the troubleshooting steps in the Imaging your CRIO document and came up with one not listed there which is to check and make sure that your adapter is not "dual-homed" or set with 2 IPs. I have added that step to the document:
    1. Check that the adapter is set to a single IP address. To do this open the Network Properties as shown in the Configure Computer IP Address steps above. When you reach the last step, click the Advanced button and verify that only one address is listed in the top box. If multiple addresses are present, select the extra addresses and click Remove.

Other than that all of the troubleshooting steps I am aware of are currently listed in that document: http://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s/...ging-your-crio

If you are still having trouble you may want to try the NI FRC forums. That forum is monitored more closely by NI Developers and Product Support Engineers including the author of the Imaging Tool.

Leave a comment:

• Team956
    replied

Well, I've now spent about 8 hours trying and re-trying everyting I can think of, have searched out, or that has been suggested to me. Every time, still hangs during the reboot, still don't have a cRIO with this year's image, and no longer have last year's. Help, anyone?
    Thanks.
    Jeff

Leave a comment:

• Team956
    started a topic cRIO hangs at reboot during imaging

cRIO hangs at reboot during imaging

Something that just occurred to me...the PC I am using to perform the re-image has .6 at the end of the IP address. I think it has always been like this, but I couldn't swear to that. Does it, perhaps, need to be .5, instead?

Hello, again.
    I got my 'corrupted' cRIO restored, sort of, but now have a different problem. I've read and searched everything I can think of, and I have this same problem on 2 different cRIOs. The reimaging process seems to go fine until the point where the cRIO is rebooting, and it just hangs there. I've tried with and without a network switch in the path, altough I never needed one before. I am using the latest (that I know of) NI Java update and cRIO image version FRC_2014_v52.zip. Every single time, after as much as a 30 minute wait, I have to use Task Manager to terminate the cRIO imaging tool as my only way out of the process.
    I spent several hours doing this with one cRIO, and then tried imaging a different cRIO for comparison. It also hung at the reboot.
    Anybody got any hints? I'm out of ideas.
    Thanks.
    Jeff
    Last edited by Team956; 01-08-2014, 12:10 PM.
Working...
X