Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help setting up the wireless bridge

I used the (Getting Started with the 2012 FRC Control
    System) pdf. I have the bridge mode configured, but when i try to connect the D-link to the computer wirelessly i dont see the D-link has one of my choices in the wireless connections i also switched the D-link to AP mode but it would not show up one my networks. please help me!

Re: I need help setting up the wireless bridge

Follow the section of that document titled: Configuring a Wireless bridge for Team Use (which asks you to set the radio to AP mode) and make sure the bridge is set for 2.4GHz, your computer may not have a 5GHz wireless card.
    FIRST®
    FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

Re: I need help setting up the wireless bridge

In bridge mode, you need a second wireless device configured as an AP. If it's just the computer and the wireless router, AP mode should work. You may have to reset the device to defaults by holding down the reset button for 10 seconds. Then use an Ethernet cable to access it. You will need to configure your laptop to use the same network the router is on. The default for the D-Link is 192.168.0.50/24. You have to configure your laptop on this network. You can use 192.168.0.51 with mask of 255.255.255.0. Then with the Ethernet cable connected make sure you have a green light on the DLINK port it is connected to and your PC port. Then open your web browser and point it to 192.168.0.50 and it should access the DLINK.

Comment

Working...
      X