• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expo.
    replied
    Re: Features you want - List them - Don't debate them

Originally posted by JoeArnold View Post
    I don't know for sure about this, but I'm pretty sure that the Logitech Attack 3 joysticks sent with the kit are not compatible. Since we are driving our robot with these, I was hoping that you could release support for these types of controllers.

Joe, Team 1361
    use xpadder to change your joystick outputs to your preferences
    works well. i still prefer the keyboard still but that's just me.

here's a link:
    http://www.xpadder.com/

I would suggest talking to autodesk about their gaming soft-ware. They handle most professional game developers. it would help a lot with the importing robots since most first teams should be using inventor and max anyways for modeling.

Good job with the software.

Leave a comment:

• gblake
    replied

Originally posted by yoniWe View Post
    Hello,
    First, the camera mode - the players can change the camera mode, but the server don't enable do it! The strategy need a top view for plans....
    Yoni, Hamosad - Team 1657.
    Yoni - To change the Server's viewpoint, try using the PageUp, PageDown, and arrow keys on the server computer's keyboard. Let me know if they don't work for you.
    Last edited by gblake; 01-30-2009, 07:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gblake
    replied

Originally posted by yoniWe View Post
    Hello,
    In my opinion 5th Gear and Lockheed Martin made a good simulator, and important work.

Although, there is some important things that need to be fixed.
    First, the camera mode - the players can change the camera mode, but the server don't enable do it! The strategy need a top view for plans....
    The next thing, the limited robots - I learned how to change the XML files, and add my robots models, but there is a limit - you can only use 3 robots.

Yoni,
    Hamosad - Team 1657.
    I understand the request for more types of robots, and the implied request for more ways to customize them.

Leave a comment:

• gblake
    replied

Originally posted by JoeArnold View Post
    I don't know for sure about this, but I'm pretty sure that the Logitech Attack 3 joysticks sent with the kit are not compatible. Since we are driving our robot with these, I was hoping that you could release support for these types of controllers.

Joe, Team 1361
    Understood - In general you want us to create mappings between 5th Gear and more types of operator controls - In particular the KOP Logitech Attack 3 joysticks. - Thanks

Leave a comment:

• JoeArnold
    replied

Joe, Team 1361

Leave a comment:

• yoniWe
    replied

Hello,
    In my opinion 5th Gear and Lockheed Martin made a good simulator, and important work.

Although, there is some important things that need to be fixed.
    The next thing, the limited robots - I learned how to change the XML files, and add my robots models, but there is a limit - you can only use 3 robots.

Yoni,
    Hamosad - Team 1657.
    Last edited by yoniWe; 01-30-2009, 12:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gblake
    started a topic Features you want - List them - Don't debate them

Features you want - List them - Don't debate them

Let's start a wish list.

Tell us what you want to see improved/changed or added. Being specific (but not too wordy (unlike me)) is good.

Please put debates into other threads! Anyone can ask for anything. All requests are equally correct. Debating them (here) would be irrelevant.

Creating a list so long that we have to recruit an army of student and mentor helpers would be very relevant. Know what I mean?

Blake
Working...
X