Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seats

At the regional events and even at nationals the seats are on a first come first serve bases, at our regional there was teams running to get seats in a particlar section, and than throwing there jackets trying to claim the whole section because they have large teams, this whole act of getting seats seem very unsafe, and someone could get hurt ,because of the students jumping rails trying to beat the other teams. Is there anything FIRST can do to result this before someone gets hurt? Maybe like assigning 75 seats to each team when they registor, and what section they have is based on when they registor.

Re: Seats

Good question. As a volunteer on the Field I was not aware of this issue. But I will try to contact someone at usfirst.org and ask that question. I suggest you to send an email direct to them, perhaps to someone in charge of FRC. ( I am not sure how often they check this forum in 'off season'). This seems almost like a venue question, but we all wish for good Safety and I will try to address this for the next season. Thanks. Brogan
    Brogan , Orange And Roomba guy In Seattle. Field Supervisor this season seen at auditing in San Deigo Portland, Seattle, Spokane, and CMP St. Louis Curie? Home turf = The BIG BALL MARS via A Roomba Robot or two? or so

Comment

Re: Seats

I know that this was an issue with our team as we always were just trying to get a good view for scouting. If this is done, then please leave room for scouters. Another idea for that is to reserve like 10-12 seats right were you can easly see the field for scouters and then let the rest of the teams take the rest of the seats.

Comment

Working...
      X