No announcement yet.

Account and posts deleted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Head Referee forum is hidden, but if you have the link you can see it. The only option to make a "private" forum is to create a usergroup and manually vet/add the appropriate users. When that forum was being created I presented the options to the person that asked for it and hiding it from the display order is what was selected.
    FIRST®
    FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin O'Connor View Post
      The Head Referee forum is hidden, but if you have the link you can see it. The only option to make a "private" forum is to create a usergroup and manually vet/add the appropriate users. When that forum was being created I presented the options to the person that asked for it and hiding it from the display order is what was selected.
      Thanks for the update. It is promoted as a private forum, but it really isn't. I'm a head referee, but I'm reluctant to participate in discussions there until it is actually private. The topics discussed tend toward interpreting specific game scenarios and rules interpretations with the Global Head Referees. The general consensus last season was that teams and coaches should not be privy to those discussions, because they could confer a strategic advantage without teams doing their own work.
      FIRST LEGO League Mentor and Referee/Head Referee since 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Mosher View Post

Thanks for the update. It is promoted as a private forum, but it really isn't. I'm a head referee, but I'm reluctant to participate in discussions there until it is actually private. The topics discussed tend toward interpreting specific game scenarios and rules interpretations with the Global Head Referees. The general consensus last season was that teams and coaches should not be privy to those discussions, because they could confer a strategic advantage without teams doing their own work.
        Also, none of the links to the Head Ref forum which I have used in years past are currently working.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Mosher View Post

Also, none of the links to the Head Ref forum which I have used in years past are currently working.
          Note that forums have been moved from usfirst.org to firstinpspires.org since last season, you may have to replace that in the URL you have. I will pass that note along to the FLL folks so the correct URL is being sent out to folks this season (along with your general feedback about the Head Ref Forum).
          FIRST®
          FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

is there currently a head referee forum up and running for this season?
            if so, can we please get the link for it? i am a Wisconsin Head referee and I can see the archives from last season, but nothing related to the games for this season.
            note that i am currently using the firstinspires org link..

this is the specific link i am using to get here

I recently heard about an account closed on the forum and all posts from that account disappearing. I remember this happening before. In both cases the owners of the account were mystified about what happened. In both cases I don't remember either user posting anything inappropriate or abusing the forum in any way. Is this an
            Wisconsin State Head Referee

Comment

Originally posted by J Church View Post
              is there currently a head referee forum up and running for this season?
              if so, can we please get the link for it? i am a Wisconsin Head referee and I can see the archives from last season, but nothing related to the games for this season.
              note that i am currently using the firstinspires org link..

this is the specific link i am using to get here

As far as I can tell, there's just very little discussion or interest in this FLL season.

Comment

Working...
              X