Account and posts deleted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin O'Connor View Post
    Thanks Tim, that does trigger a notification. I didn't realize I had private messages turned off, I'll go look into enabling them.

John, my sincere apologies for the deletion of your account. It was absolutely not intentional and not related to the content of your posts, one of your posts that triggered moderation must have accidentally been caught in a wave of spam post deletions. I have un-banned your previous account. Unfortunately the posts are unrecoverable. When deleting spam accounts/posts I select the "Delete all posts from selected user" option and the "permanently remove" options as the forum is currently receiving 10+ spam accounts/posts a day and soft deleting them would result in any mod/admins view of the forums being filled up with spam posts.

As Dean has noted, frequently editing posts often results in posts ending up in the moderation queue. I do review each post in moderation but have got in the habit of scanning the queue for valid posts and approving them, then batch deleting the remainder. It appears that this habit has bit me here and I will go back to individually reviewing all posts in moderation to avoid a similar occurrence in the future.

While there is at least one person in the FLL department that has been involved with the forum, I believe his focus has been primarily on specific official uses (such as the Head Referee section).

If you would like to see a community moderation program or other changes enacted to the forums here, I recommend emailing [email protected].
    Hi Kevin,
    Sorry this reply is six months late and off-topic for this thread, but since you were active here, and mentioned the Head Referee Forum area, I thought I'd give this a try.

Is the Head Referee Forum actually a private forum now? Because we discovered quite by accident last year that it wasn't private at all, and several team members and coaches had found it and were participating in what the Head Refs thought were private discussions.

Thanks for any info,
    - Tom
    FIRST LEGO League Mentor and Referee/Head Referee since 2011.

Comment

The Head Referee forum is hidden, but if you have the link you can see it. The only option to make a "private" forum is to create a usergroup and manually vet/add the appropriate users. When that forum was being created I presented the options to the person that asked for it and hiding it from the display order is what was selected.
      FIRST®
      FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin O'Connor View Post
        The Head Referee forum is hidden, but if you have the link you can see it. The only option to make a "private" forum is to create a usergroup and manually vet/add the appropriate users. When that forum was being created I presented the options to the person that asked for it and hiding it from the display order is what was selected.
        Thanks for the update. It is promoted as a private forum, but it really isn't. I'm a head referee, but I'm reluctant to participate in discussions there until it is actually private. The topics discussed tend toward interpreting specific game scenarios and rules interpretations with the Global Head Referees. The general consensus last season was that teams and coaches should not be privy to those discussions, because they could confer a strategic advantage without teams doing their own work.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Mosher View Post

Thanks for the update. It is promoted as a private forum, but it really isn't. I'm a head referee, but I'm reluctant to participate in discussions there until it is actually private. The topics discussed tend toward interpreting specific game scenarios and rules interpretations with the Global Head Referees. The general consensus last season was that teams and coaches should not be privy to those discussions, because they could confer a strategic advantage without teams doing their own work.
          Also, none of the links to the Head Ref forum which I have used in years past are currently working.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Mosher View Post

Also, none of the links to the Head Ref forum which I have used in years past are currently working.
            Note that forums have been moved from usfirst.org to firstinpspires.org since last season, you may have to replace that in the URL you have. I will pass that note along to the FLL folks so the correct URL is being sent out to folks this season (along with your general feedback about the Head Ref Forum).
            FIRST®
            FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

is there currently a head referee forum up and running for this season?
              if so, can we please get the link for it? i am a Wisconsin Head referee and I can see the archives from last season, but nothing related to the games for this season.
              note that i am currently using the firstinspires org link..

this is the specific link i am using to get here

I recently heard about an account closed on the forum and all posts from that account disappearing. I remember this happening before. In both cases the owners of the account were mystified about what happened. In both cases I don't remember either user posting anything inappropriate or abusing the forum in any way. Is this an

Comment

Originally posted by J Church View Post
                is there currently a head referee forum up and running for this season?
                if so, can we please get the link for it? i am a Wisconsin Head referee and I can see the archives from last season, but nothing related to the games for this season.
                note that i am currently using the firstinspires org link..

this is the specific link i am using to get here

As far as I can tell, there's just very little discussion or interest in this FLL season.

Comment

Working...
                X