scoring verification for mission 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scoring verification for mission 12

WE have a structure for mission that we are not sure if it scores 60 or 90 points. We think it is either 40 for the 4 red matching bricks, 10 for the sustainability upgrade and 8*4 which is 40 for the height. It could also be 60 with 10 for matching the red blocks, 10 for the sustainability upgrade and 8*4 which is 40 for the height.
    IMG_20191125_124057.jpg

The color match points are 0 or 10. You don't get more points for having more bricks in the same circle (Mission descriptions says 10 Each Circle). It is impossible to say what the stack points are from the view provided. Are the tan bricks a separate stack or are they on top of the red bricks? If this is two separate stacks the stack points are (2 + 7) * 5 = 45. If it is a single stack the points are 7*5 = 35. Read the rules to see what it "independent" means. The sustainability model does not count as a level, so I have no idea where you are getting 8 levels. And where are you getting 4? Stack points are 5 per level.

My best guess is you are either getting

65 = 10 + (9 * 5) + 10. Color match, red stack of 2, tan stack of 7, sustainability upgrade
    or
    55 = 10 + (7*5) + 10. Color match, red and tan stack of 7, sustainability upgrade

Make sure the color matching bricks are completely in the circle, or no points for color match.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification.
      I just wrote the wrong number for the points for level.
      There is only one stack.
      I got 8 from 2 for the red block one layer of white on top of that 4 tans on top of that and then the sustainability upgrade at the very top just covering one layer of blue.

Comment

I can't see whether the stack is in or party-in any circles. I'll assume "partly-in".

For Mission 12, I see Height = 8 levels.
        For Mission 13, I see one Sustainability Upgrade on top of a stack.

That's (8 * 5) + 10 = 50 points.

If the stack is completely-in the Red circle, then you'll perhaps add 10 points for the "Location" part of Mission 12.

And if your robot passes the "Small" inspection area, you'll get a 5 point bonus.

So that's going to score between 0 and 65 points, depending on other factors not shown in your picture or description.
        Last edited by Tom Mosher; 11-25-2019, 02:49 PM.
        FIRST LEGO League Mentor and Referee/Head Referee since 2011.

Comment

if we assume that it is completly in what would it score as?

Comment

on another note are we allowed to have it be lower than 12 inches in the inspection zone but above 12 for the home area? I am pretty sure we aren't but just wanted to confirm.

Comment

The Home area doesn't have a height limit during the match.

Only the Inspection areas and the Launch Area have height limits.

Comment

Originally posted by 3than View Post
                if we assume that it is completly in what would it score as?
                Look at the game rules. They tell you what the point value is for each portion of Mission 12.

Comment

Here is what I can't understand. Why are you using 16 levels of building units to build 8 levels of stack? That blue block on the 7th level scores nothing. My kid's team scored 23 levels without stacking anything. You may want to reconsider stacking.

Comment

How did you manage to score 23 levels? You have a 12 inch limit on the launch area.

Comment

If you are in the First robotics group on Facebook, you can see them do it for a 400 point round.

Comment

Ok thank you I will check that out.

Comment

Originally posted by 3than View Post
                          How did you manage to score 23 levels? You have a 12 inch limit on the launch area.
                          I think you are missing how the stack counting works. Two independent stacks each 3 levels high is 6 levels.

Comment

oh thank you i didn't understand that

Comment

This thread seems to be delving into coaches designing approaches, and I worry that will result in strategy instructions to the kids, or showing them the referenced videos. I'd encourage everyone to let the kids discover the solution, even if you prod them a bit with "is that really what the rules say?" style questions.

Comment

Working...
                              X