Points cancellation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Points cancellation

Scenario: you complete one mission dropping an item in the red circle. If you run a second mission to drop a new item in the red circle can it push the first item out? Or do both items have to be fully in the circle at end of run to get full points?

All results are scored only on the final state of the missions. See Rule 35.
    FIRST LEGO League Mentor and Referee/Head Referee since 2011.

Comment

For a fun post-season challenge put all the models in scoring position and see how many points you can cancel in 2.5 minutes.

The nice thing about FLL is you can never lose points. Of course you don't have any points until the end of match so there is nothing to lose. Messing up and undoing a scoring scenario is quite common.

Comment

Frequently, I ask teams to stop leaning on the tables since shaking them can cause some missions to become de-scored.

Comment

Originally posted by philso View Post
          Frequently, I ask teams to stop leaning on the tables since shaking them can cause some missions to become de-scored.
          I've only seen one thing that stops kids from leaning on the table, the table collapsing beneath them. Luckily nobody was hurt, but after we propped the table up on a couple of work tables the kids did not show any desire to lean on it.

Comment

The possibility of losing points often works.

The guilt of possibly causing the team at the other table lose points also works often.

It looks like the fear of death or great injury is the strongest deterrent.

Comment

Working...
            X