Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ambarisha_v_k
    replied
    Thank you all for your thoughts. I got response from our state head referee that says “if all blocks were setup as part of pre-launch setup, this would be legal and not violate rule 22”. So we can use our strategy without any penalty.

Leave a comment:

• Dean Hystad
    replied
    Home != Launch Area is a difficult concept when you are so used to "base" being both the home and the launch area.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Mosher
    replied
    Originally posted by ambarisha_v_k View Post
    The first point in RG13 is what confuses me. It says “if the robot happens to interact with something which is at rest in home, that shall not be considered an interaction with you, so it’s not an interruption...”. By negation if the robot interacts with something in launch area will it be considered an interruption?
    RG13 doesn't discuss or apply to the Launch Area.

Leave a comment:

• ambarisha_v_k
    replied
    The first point in RG13 is what confuses me. It says “if the robot happens to interact with something which is at rest in home, that shall not be considered an interaction with you, so it’s not an interruption...”. By negation if the robot interacts with something in launch area will it be considered an interruption?

Leave a comment:

• Tom Mosher
    replied
    Originally posted by ambarisha_v_k View Post
    Thank you for your responses. I don’t see in the rules clearly regarding if we can leave the blocks inside launch area at the beginning and the robot will come and pick it up later. Or do we need to leave them in the home only to avoid penalty? And does the robot need to be completely inside the home for picking up the blocks? Can it pickup something in the home from the launch area? Appreciate if someone can clarify this.
    The rules cannot tell you everything that you can do. Mostly the rules tell you what you can't do.

The rules say you can place objects into the Launch Area while you are setting up to launch the robot. Rule 22, as Dean mentioned.

The rules do not say that the robot has to take everything out of the Launch Area when it launches. So you have strategic freedom there.

Robot game Update RG13 discusses some ways that Home can be used.

The only "penalty" is if you Interrupt the robot while it is not completely-in Home. Everything else that violates the rules is simply not allowed, and the referees will act to restore balance to the force, in whatever way is appropriate,.

Leave a comment:

• ambarisha_v_k
    replied
    Thank you for your responses. I don’t see in the rules clearly regarding if we can leave the blocks inside launch area at the beginning and the robot will come and pick it up later. Or do we need to leave them in the home only to avoid penalty? And does the robot need to be completely inside the home for picking up the blocks? Can it pickup something in the home from the launch area? Appreciate if someone can clarify this.

Leave a comment:

• Dean Hystad
    replied
    Rule 22

Leave a comment:

• Tom Mosher
    replied
    While the robot is active, the team cannot place any objects into the Launch Area. It is not allowed.

I think all your questions are covered in the robot game rules or in the Updates.

Leave a comment:

• ambarisha_v_k
    started a topic City shaper Build Mission- feeding the robot

City shaper Build Mission- feeding the robot

Hi, I am coach of a rookie FLL team in Michigan. I have a question on city shaper building blocks mission. Is it legal to feed the robot with the building blocks during the game with out stopping the robot. I mean while the robot is doing other missions can kids place building blocks inside the launch area and the robot will come and pick them up. Do we take penalty if we reach the launch area during the game. If we can’t feed the robot during the game can we leave the blocks in the launch area during the setup so that the robot can come back to pick them up. Do we take a penalty if the robot interacts with the blocks in the launch area after the launch? Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
Working...
X