Mission 12 - Help score team photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission 12 - Help score team photo

Could someone take a look at the attached photo and confirm the scoring for this? According to our team's understanding of the official rules, we scored it in the following way:
    • 10 points for color completely in and flat down on mat
    • 5 points per level * 4 levels = 20 points
    • 10 points for sustainability upgrade
    Total 40 points.

Could someone please help to confirm?

We've spent so much time trying to understand how to score it, and in the process, have read conflicting information found in unofficial forums which confused the teams understanding of the official rules.

Thank you for any help!

IMG_1363.JPG

Originally posted by round-grass-d863 View Post
    Could someone take a look at the attached photo and confirm the scoring for this? According to our team's understanding of the official rules, we scored it in the following way:
    • 10 points for color completely in and flat down on mat
    • 5 points per level * 4 levels = 20 points
    • 10 points for sustainability upgrade
    Total 40 points.

Could someone please help to confirm?

We've spent so much time trying to understand how to score it, and in the process, have read conflicting information found in unofficial forums which confused the teams understanding of the official rules.

Thank you for any help!
    A referee isn't going to care about your score. A referee is going to mark your mission successes.

Mission 12 "Location": You've got a tan unit completely in and flat down in the tan square. Mark 1 for "circles".
    Mission 12 "Height": That stack has four levels of building units. Mark 4 for "levels".
    Mission 13: That's an independent Upgrade supported by a stack that is at least partially in a Circle. Mark 1.

Figuring out the score from that is just a bit of math.
    FIRST LEGO League Mentor and Referee/Head Referee since 2011.

Comment

The "math part" is 10 + (4*5) + 10 plus maybe another 5 if the team earned the "small robot inspection" bonus.

So it's either 40 or 45 points.

But I could be wrong, I'm a referee and I typically don't care about the scores - only the mission results.

Comment

When training referees last Friday, it occurred to me that is was easier for them (and me) to understand Mission 12 if one views it as two sepearate missions.
        1. Mission 12A: How many circles meet the conditions listed in the Score Sheet. Ignore heights of the stacks while doing this.
        2. Mission 12B: Determine which stacks are independent and their height. Add up the heights as per the second sentence listed in the Score Sheet. Ignore colour while doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by philso View Post
          When training referees last Friday, it occurred to me that is was easier for them (and me) to understand Mission 12 if one views it as two sepearate missions.
          1. Mission 12A: How many circles meet the conditions listed in the Score Sheet. Ignore heights of the stacks while doing this.
          2. Mission 12B: Determine which stacks are independent and their height. Add up the heights as per the second sentence listed in the Score Sheet. Ignore colour while doing this.
          Yes, I agree, that's a good method to simplify the situation.

Comment

Working...
          X