Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission 12

I have a question on Mission 12.

Our plan is to have a extension that can push the blocks to the tan circle first, return the robot to the launch area, make a small degree turn to position the robot towards the red circle, have a 5 second wait, without touching the robot, one of the players put the second sets of blocks in front of the robot. Robot will move forward at end of 5 second wait and push the blocks toward to the red circle.

If you look at this plan,
    1. the robot returns to the launch area instead of home
    2. the player didn't touch the robot again after the robot goes to complete the tan circle in mission 12
    3. the player did put blocks into the launch area

My Question is that, is this a violation?

one of the players put the second sets of blocks in front of the robot.
    I think that is not allowed.

Teams cannot place anything into the Launch Area until after the robot has been Interrupted.
    FIRST LEGO League Mentor and Referee/Head Referee since 2011.

Comment

For the details, see the last sentence of Update RG13.

The controlling rule is #22.

Your team should have someone who is familiar with the rules. It is rather important.
      Last edited by Tom Mosher; 11-03-2019, 04:54 PM.
      FIRST LEGO League Mentor and Referee/Head Referee since 2011.

Comment

Once the robot launches and leaves the launch area, the launch area ceases to exist until the next interruption. Since you have not interrupted the robot placing blocks in the launch area would be the same as placing them anywhere else on the mat and therefore not allowed.

Comment

The robot and anything it is about to use must be inside the launch area at launch. No adding items after the launch. Can you start with the second stack in the launch area? Yes, but you cannot move things outside home except to prepare for the launch. The robot would have to pick up the second stack by itself.

I would investigate making a pusher that can deliver two stacks to different circles
          Last edited by Dean Hystad; 11-03-2019, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks Tom, Dean!

Comment

Reiterating what Tom stated, it would probably be a good idea for you and your team to pause development to study and discuss the rules. You all need to understand the rules thoroughly, including how some of the rules might interact. Some of the other strategies that your team may also be illegal and it is better to find out before your competition.

Comment

Working...
              X