returning to launch area or inspection area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• returning to launch area or inspection area

After each mission(s), I need to return to change adapters for next missions. My question is that, do I need to return to the launch area, home and any combination of the the two?

Thanks

The robot needs to return home, otherwise you lose precision tokens.

Comment

Originally posted by timdavid View Post
      The robot needs to return home, otherwise you lose precision tokens.
      To understand why this is so, see item 27 in the rules
      If you Interrupt the Robot, stop it instantly, then calmly pick it up for the next Launch.
      Where was the Robot Interrupted? Not Completely in Home: Lose a Precision Token

So the procedure is this
      You launch the robot , it goes off to do missions, and comes completely back into Home.
      The moment you touch it, you may prepare it, in Home or the Launch Area, for the next Launch.

Of course, if it doesn't return completely into home by itself, you may grab it and return it to Home, at the cost of a Precision Token

I've not quoted the rule in full, so I suggest you go back and check rule 27 ,and also rule 09.

Alan

Comment

Got it, home is where the robot need to be. Just to clarify, when it says completely home, does it meanTo return completely in home, does it mean all fixture need to be at home as well?

Comment

I don't 'know what you mean by a fixture. If you mean an attachment, then as long as it's attached to the robot, it's part of the robot, by definition.
          See Definitions - 01. Robot

If you mean something the robot is transporting, then that something needs to be Completely In Home as well.
          See Rule 28.

Alan
          Global Head Referee

Comment

Thanks Alan!

Comment

When the robot is interrupted it must be completely in home to avoid loss of a token. This means that anything that protrudes past the face of the border wall, such as an attachment or even a wire, at the time of interruption will cause loss of a token. Correct?

Comment

Originally posted by rising eagle View Post
                When the robot is interrupted it must be completely in home to avoid loss of a token. This means that anything that protrudes past the face of the border wall, such as an attachment or even a wire, at the time of interruption will cause loss of a token. Correct?
                By the rules, Yes.
                Referees may (or may not) ignore a stray wire.
                FIRST LEGO League Mentor and Referee/Head Referee since 2011.

Comment

Working...
                X