Size of Mission 11 structure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size of Mission 11 structure

I thought there was an update about this mission, but I cannot find it, and don't see it here on the forums either. I thought I saw something like "must have a dimension 5 studs or more."

The "Innovative Architecture" construction must be "clearly bigger" than a blue building unit. So my team made a cube the same size as a blue unit, and added another small layer to the top. So that's clearly bigger, and a very safe interpretation

The question is, is a 1x6 brick also clearly bigger? It's longer. The model in the picture (which, I know, doesn't count) is bigger in all three dimensions.

See Updates RG04. It's on page 6 of the current Updates document (new today).
    "... at least as long as a four-stud LEGO element".
    FIRST LEGO League Mentor and Referee/Head Referee since 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Mosher View Post
      See Updates RG04. It's on page 6 of the current Updates document (new today).
      "... at least as long as a four-stud LEGO element".
      Thanks. Ctrl-F failed me (looking for "innovative" or "architecture". Still not sure that the other dimensions are addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by korey99 View Post
        Still not sure that the other dimensions are addressed.
        Not mentioned in the rules, doesn't matter.

Comment

True enough, but the original rule says "bigger." Is a 10 foot piece of 1/2" PVC pipe bigger than my son, by common definition? The update says, "at least as long as a 4-stud lego element", so by that definition, a single brick of length 4 counts (which isn't truly "bigger" in any sense of the word than a blue cube). I know the update takes precedence over the game guide, but I'm not sure how much of the original rule remains after applying the update.

Comment

Originally posted by korey99 View Post
            True enough, but the original rule says "bigger." Is a 10 foot piece of 1/2" PVC pipe bigger than my son, by common definition? The update says, "at least as long as a 4-stud lego element", so by that definition, a single brick of length 4 counts (which isn't truly "bigger" in any sense of the word than a blue cube). I know the update takes precedence over the game guide, but I'm not sure how much of the original rule remains after applying the update.
            The original rule used the ambiguous term "bigger than". The update clarifies how "bigger than" is to be measured.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Mosher View Post

The original rule used the ambiguous term "bigger than". The update clarifies how "bigger than" is to be measured.
              Ok, I can buy that. Thank you. My thought was that Update RG04 wasn't defining "bigger" so much as it was adding a stipulation. But your interpretation makes sense.

Comment

Working...
              X