Lego parts with battery allowed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lego parts with battery allowed?

Can we use a LEGO battery box with non-LEGO batteries inside? I know the EV3 can use non-LEGO AA batteries. The reason for this is for weight as all Lego parts are light.

I think R05 would forbid additional batteries that are not powering the brick. However, not all LEGO parts are light-weight, in fact there are some LEGO parts designed specifically to be heavy. The team I'm coaching has some heavy bricks - not sure what set they were originally part of. They were counter-weights on the robot last season but are being put to good use this season.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. We couldn't find anything that is really heavy. Maybe multiple steel balls? Do you have any suggestions for heavy weight parts?

Comment

Google "LEGO weight brick".

Comment

There is a Lego boat ballast brick. We are using two this year.

Comment

Tires are heavy. Many teams use tires for ballast or counterweights.

Comment

Steel caster balls make good ballast. https://education.lego.com/en-us/pro...pack-3/2000702

Even better is LEGO #73090 Train & Boat Weight / Ballast 2x6x2 but you'll have to buy them used. I found 4 on eBay for $23.

Comment

Working...
              X