X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IowaBonnie
    • Oct 2016

M18 - Faucet

My team is trying to achieve the Faucet Mission. Does anyone know how the faucet starts, meaning which way the faucet handle is turned - all the way clockwise or counterclockwise? This would determine which way the robot turns the handle to make this mission achieve blue. Thanks for your help!
    Iowa Bonnie

2016-2017. FLL Coach. I-C Bots
    2016-2017. FLL Jr Coach. Iowa HercuBees
    2015-2016. FLL Jr Coach. Lego-ology to the Max
  • whalen
    • Sep 2016

The Faucet starts with the white/blue part of the cup moved down as far as it will go---meaning that the white part is facing up, and the handle is all the way counter clockwise. If it's properly assembled and set up, then when the white part is facing up, the handle can only (safely) be turned clockwise to complete the Mission.

Comment

• Dean Hystad
      • Sep 2008

There are so many ways this model can be messed up. You have to be really careful following all the instructions. The diagram show how the rack and pinion are configured (and the corresponding position of the flapper) is very important. My team had an interesting build error that made their model tri-stable instead of bi-stable. You had to turn the faucet handle half way for water to appear, turning the handle all the way clockwise made the white part of flapper appear again.

Comment

• philso
        • Nov 2009

Make sure that it is turning the correct way. At the Katy Practice Day a week and a half ago, we saw one that had to be turned the wrong way to flip from white to blue. We got the team that owned that particular Field Setup to correct it since they would be developing a solution that will not work on one built correctly.

Comment

Working...
        X