X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gary Voshol
    • Jan 2008

Non-LEGO wires?

One of the refs pointed out some different looking wires at the practice tournament today. They were gray with a very thin red stripe, and much thinner in cross-section than the black wires we always see.

I asked the coach about them, and he thought they came from a LEGO source.

The problem we have is that we can confirm from our experience that some parts are legal because we know the source. (For example referring to another thread, I know there was a net used in a mission model in NanoQuest, so I know that a net is legal.)

But unless someone has memorized the entire LEGO catalog, we don't know if for sure that a part is not from a LEGO source. Can anyone confirm these non-standard-looking wires?
  • timdavid
    • Sep 2009

Re: Non-LEGO wires?

From your description, they sound like these cables from mindsensors.com.

Unless a judge is walking around with the equivalent of a bricklink or peeron iPhone app (no, I don't think they exist), I would think the judge has to give the team the benefit of the doubt.

When our team used some odd and unusual parts, we did make sure we had a printout that showed a picture of the part and the official part number.

Comment

• Dean Hystad
      • Sep 2008

Re: Non-LEGO wires?

Originally posted by timdavid View Post
      From your description, they sound like these cables from mindsensors.com.

Unless a judge is walking around with the equivalent of a bricklink or peeron iPhone app (no, I don't think they exist), I would think the judge has to give the team the benefit of the doubt.

When our team used some odd and unusual parts, we did make sure we had a printout that showed a picture of the part and the official part number.
      Those cables are not allowed. They are considerably more flexible than the LEGO cables and thus provide an advantage to the team using them.

Comment

Working...
      X