Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registration and event cost question.

Hello
    Registration cost will be about $900 for new teams. How much is the competition/event cost for one team and where can I find my regional location?

Thanks in advance.

One more question:
    If I register now (before May) as non-competitive and pay the $250 plus the $75 for the challenge set, do I need to register and pay again in May for the competition event? Is there an additional cost to attend the event aside from the registration? If so, how much is it?

Comment

I think there is a good chance that if you register now, you will be registering for the 2017 Hydrodynamics season, and receiving the 2017 field setup kit. You don't want to do this.
      Field setup kits for the 2018 challenge will not be released/shipped until August.

If you are asking how to purchase the FLL Robot set now, before you can register, you should probably ask FLL directly (look for the contact link on the FLL website).

(In my region the registration system isn't taking any more teams now, and I suspect that they are out of Hydrodynamics challenge sets.)

Comment

Thanks Bret Harsham. I will avoid purchasing last seasons field setup kit. You saved me some dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSpawn View Post
          One more question:
          If I register now (before May) as non-competitive and pay the $250 plus the $75 for the challenge set, do I need to register and pay again in May for the competition event? Is there an additional cost to attend the event aside from the registration? If so, how much is it?
          Yes, there is usually a separate fee to enter a tournament. Here's the sample cost breakdown from the organization that runs FLL in Minnesota:

http://www.hightechkids.org/how-star...go-league-team
          timdavid
          Last edited by timdavid; 02-27-2018, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSpawn View Post
            Hello
            Registration cost will be about $900 for new teams. How much is the competition/event cost for one team and where can I find my regional location?

Thanks in advance.
            Use this page to find your local affiliate. They will have more information about tournament locations and how things work in your region.

https://www.firstinspires.org/find-local-support

Comment

Thanks timdavid. The link answered my questions.

Comment

Working...
              X