X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JeremyBlainSmith
    • Jul 2022

How do I reach the teams?

Can you give me some advice? I registered about two weeks ago but I have had no one respond to any of my team requests. Is there some way I should reach out to them other than through the system? I tried finding some on FB but had no luck.

For my son Logan I applied to:
    Robosapiens 47188
    Robata Armada 48105
    Robo Revolution 48106
    Falcons Team 1 52661
    RP7 54994
    ConCATenating Cookies 52450

For my daughter Addie I reached out to:
    The Austin Creepers 24843
    Builder Bots 25039
  • timdavid
    • Sep 2009

JeremyBlainSmith - Many people find an FLL team through schools, churches or other organizations they belong to. Many people that can't find a team start one themselves. Anyone can be an FLL coach and start a team, you don't need to have a technical background. Here's some information on starting a team in my region https://hightechkids.org/fll-overvie...-48b685cc-5185. The minimum team size is only 2, so if your kids are in the same age bracket, you already have enough for a team. Otherwise, start talking to their friends and their friends parents about FLL. This forum is not very active, but there is lots of help available over in the Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/FLLShareandLearn
    Last edited by timdavid; 07-03-2022, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• JeremyBlainSmith
      • Jul 2022

Thank you. Am I the best person to start a team though? I know NOTHING about how any of this works, and have never built any kind of robot before. I also don't have the first clue on how I'd recruit others to the team since my kids are homeschooled and not plugged into public school connections.

Comment

• timdavid
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by JeremyBlainSmith View Post
        Thank you. Am I the best person to start a team though? I know NOTHING about how any of this works, and have never built any kind of robot before. I also don't have the first clue on how I'd recruit others to the team since my kids are homeschooled and not plugged into public school connections.
        JeremyBlainSmith - what system did you use to try and reach out to existing teams? There was a nationwide "Team Up" system many years ago, but I believe it was not very successful. Please do realize that most teams only last a few seasons. Most teams are started and coached by parents with little or no knowledge of FLL when they begin. Coaches are expected to learn as they go along with the kids. Even if existing teams won't take new team members, they often are willing to mentor new teams. I would recommend contacting your regional coordinator and asking if you can be put in touch with an existing team that is willing to mentor some rookies. As far as team members, contact the friends or neighbors of your children. You only need 2 kids to start a team. Finally, as I recommended before. post to the Facebook group. There are many more people active in that forum.

Comment

Working...
        X