How big can the model board be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How big can the model board be?

I can't seem to find it in any of the documentation. We have 2 15x15 LEGO boards on which our students can build a model. Can these be used together to make a 30x15 model, or are we limited to 15x15?

Originally posted by mailevalentine View Post
    I can't seem to find it in any of the documentation. We have 2 15x15 LEGO boards on which our students can build a model. Can these be used together to make a 30x15 model, or are we limited to 15x15?
    If you are going to an expo, you should check with the people running that particular expo. FLL Jr is more of a chance to show off what the kids built as opposed to a competition. In my opinion, part of participating is teaching the kids about staying within the bounds of the rules. Of course you might have good reasons to stray from the rules, so ask the people hosting the expo.

Comment

Good idea - thanks! I'll check with them.

Comment

This should help. "Your Team Model must be no bigger than 30 in. x 15 in. (76 cm x 38 cm). There is no height limit; however, your team must be able to safely move the model."
        Shawn
        FIRST designs accessible, innovative programs that build not only science and technology skills, but also self-confidence, leadership, and life skills.
        Shawn -
        Team#388 Amazon River Dolphins
        East Montpelier Vermont.

Comment

Working...
        X