Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FFL Junior 2017-2018 season schedules and locations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFL Junior 2017-2018 season schedules and locations?

Hi,

I'm new to FFL junior. Some friends and I are interested in forming a team. It would be great to know the schedules of the whole competition, but so far I can only find the registration dates on the website.

I would guess the schedule is similar year by year. So can anyone share the schedules of previous years?

We live in San Jose area in California. Do teams do the presentation or robot competition at somewhere local first, or all teams have to go to Legoland?

Thank you very much.

Yuan

Originally posted by danioyuan View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to FFL junior. Some friends and I are interested in forming a team. It would be great to know the schedules of the whole competition, but so far I can only find the registration dates on the website.

I would guess the schedule is similar year by year. So can anyone share the schedules of previous years?

We live in San Jose area in California. Do teams do the presentation or robot competition at somewhere local first, or all teams have to go to Legoland?

Thank you very much.

Yuan
    I can only answer in generalities since our region is not in california.

Typically FLL Jr seasons are 12 weeks long + an optional Expo.
    Each team will get a team meeting guide which details what happens each week and the 6 kids get engineering notebooks detailing the 12 weeks work. These are part of your registration.
    As part of the weekly lessons, the teams build something on a 15"x15" lego baseplate that illustrates a subject for the season (like Water for this year). It must use a simple machine and motor. The WeDo 2.0 kit is available for purchase from Lego Education once you register and pay the team fee.
    The team also creates a tri-fold (I think they call it a show-me poster) that illustrates what they learned and tells about the team.
    These 2 items are shared at an expo.
    Expos are non-competitive exhibitions where "reviewers" look at what the kids did.
    You can search for expos in your area by looking at the Events section of the first website.

First also has a number of youtube explanations of what FLL Jr is. You can find those on the FIRST website page for FLL Jr as well

Comment

In our region (Kansas City) FLL Jr. has showcases at some of the FLL qualifying tournaments. The Regional web site & the email blasts sent out by our Partner provide the information about which tournaments have a showcase. Last year I think we had 3 (out of 5 FLL qualifiers); this year only 2.

When in doubt, ask your Regional Partner.
      Kansas City Region Head Ref 2014-present
      KC Region coaches and teams can ask FLL robot game rules questions at [email protected]

Comment

Working...
      X